- Organisation: Austria Universities
- Duty Station: Austria
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Duration: Partial Funding
- Deadline: 09/30/2023
The primary aim of the IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Programme (MSCFP) is to encourage and assist young women in their pursuit of a career in the nuclear field. To achieve this goal, the MSCFP offers scholarships to eligible students who are enrolled in Master’s degree programs focused on nuclear-related subjects. Additionally, the programme facilitates internship opportunities through IAEA, providing practical experience and support to the selected scholars.
The programme supports young women studying in nuclear related fields relevant to the IAEA’s work to advance the safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology such as nuclear engineering, nuclear physics and chemistry, nuclear medicine, isotopic techniques, radiation biology, nuclear safety, nuclear security, non-proliferation and nuclear law. More examples of related fields are listed.
The students are awarded up to €20,000 for tuition costs and up to €20,000 for living costs for living costs for the Master’s programme.
This scholarship is open to international female students of all nationalities.
The IAEA MSCFP is open to students from IAEA Member States who meet the following entry requirements:
- Female candidates;
- Accepted by or enrolled in an accredited university in Master’s programme in a nuclear related field.
Preference will be given to applicants with above average academic credentials (75% or above or GPA > 3.0 out of 4.0).
How to Apply
The documents required in addition to completed online application form are:
- Copy of the Passport/National ID
- Official acceptance/admission letter from university into the Master’s programme indicating the nuclear related field of study and duration of the programme
- Statement of tuition fees/confirmation of tuition costs
- Completed reference forms sent directly to MSCFP@iaea.org by TWO referees (download the form here).
NOTE: All application documents must be submitted in English using the MSCFP online application form. If documents are submitted in original language please also include an official translation in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.