- Organisation: Murdoch University
- Duty Station: United Kingdom
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Qualification: PhD, Master, Bachelor
- Reward: $5.000
- Deadline: 5 February 2023
Provides financial assistance for students from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Murdoch University.
• Be residing in Australia • A person seeking asylum • Be on a Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa or in the process of applying for one of these or any other protection visa. • Be eligible for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the time of application • Be intending to enrol and commence studies in Semester 1, 2023 at Murdoch University.
100% of tuition fees will be covered. Annual Living Stipend – Payment will be made in the following instalments: $5,000 per annum ($2,500 per semester) across the length of the successful recipient’s degree. Student Amenities fee will be waived. The successful recipient will also have use of a Murdoch Laptop
How to Apply
Apply in through the given steps below:
Completed application form Please provide a copy of your visa or provide evidence you have applied for a protection visa/SHEV/TPV A personal statement (of no more than 1 A4 page) that includes: What has been your previous work and study experience – this can be formal (school or TAFE) or informal (voluntary work, learning with volunteer organisations)? What are your motivations regarding studying your particular course, and how does this relate to your future career? What barriers (financial or otherwise) does this scholarship assist you in overcoming? Statement of recommendation from a school (secondary or tertiary) or community leader (not a family member). Referee Statements which could support your application