- Organisation: Norway Universities
- Duty Station: Norway
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Duration: Partial Funding
- Deadline: 12/31/2023
Fully Funded Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2024, Norway. is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programs(s) in the field of Mathematics taught at Norway Universities offered by International Mathematical Union. The deadline for the scholarship is 31 Dec 2023.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
The grant can cover for one month and only for the applicant up to 4,400 EUR (5,000 Dollars):
- Travel costs
– from the place of work of the applicant to that of the host to the extent of economy class airfare.
During the pandemic grantees are asked to book the flights independently. The flight costs can be transferred prior to booking or reimbursed after as long as invoices are provided.
– (Public) transport (surface transport by rail or bus between the nearest city where the airport is located and the headquarters of the candidate or the city/town where the host institution is located, if necessary). Maximum four (4) Taxi fares (on submission of receipts) may be allowed to travel between the home and the airport/railway station (upon arrival and departure).
– In case the applicant has to stay in a hotel before departure or upon arrival, this needs to be mentioned in the budget details. Maximum one (1) night (both arrival and departure) can be paid from the grant.
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance charges
- Basic living cost for the first month (daily allowance based on living cost of the visiting country/city, This amount includes the cost for public transport and all other living costs). For a list please go here. If the accommodation includes breakfast or any other meals, the daily amount will be reduced.
- Accommodation cost in the host country (hotel is allowed if the host provides a statement that no guesthouse or rented flat is available and max. 4 weeks. If you stay longer than 4 weeks you have to rent a suitable apartment or guesthouse). Receipts for cash payments for accommodation costs can not be accepted! You have to pay via a trackable transfer method.
All invoices for travel cost, visa, insurance, accommodation and up to four taxi receipts and all boarding tickets have to be kept by the grantee and be sent (original) to the CDC/ IMU Secretariat by regular mail.
If you travel during public holidays in the host country and while the host institution is closed for public holidays (e.g. during Christmastime) you cannot receive basic living cost during the period the institution is closed, but your accommodation cost can be paid.
This scholarship is open to international students from developing countries.
- hold at the time of application a PhD in Mathematics,
- be based in a developing country at the time of application (As defined by IMU)
- hold a position in a university/ research institution
- be in the early stages of their professional careers, more precisely: the applicants should
- not yet be of full professorial rank but have a working contract in a university/ college
- be under 35 years of age at the day of the application deadline.
The maximum age may be increased by up to three years in the case of an individual with a broken career pattern. This should be noted in the application together with the reason for the broken career pattern. Applications from women mathematicians are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
Applications must be received at least four months before the desired starting date. The selection committee will review the applications and award fellowships every four months. The result is announced on the Abel Visiting Scholar Recipients page.
The following deadlines apply:
- April 30, 2023, for visits between September 1 and December 31, 2023
- August 31, 2023, for visits between January 1 and April 30, 2024
- December 31, 2023, for visits between May 1 and August 31, 2024
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.