- Organisation: CFSP
- Duty Station: Canada
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Qualification: Masters/ Doctoral
- Reward: $35000
- Nationality: International Students, Domestic Students
The Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (GASP) is a scholarship program intended to create organizational capacity by training staff from developing nations of La Francophonie. The program is fully financed by the Government of Canada, which has entrusted the management of the program to the Canadian Bureau for International Education / World University Service of Canada consortium since 1 January 2015.
The long-term objective of the program is to encourage the growth of recipient nations by providing priority to:
- Improving the skills of college and university personnel in the field of education and research.
- Training of trainers, particularly in the field of technical and vocational education.
- Increasing and strengthening the skills of specialists and managers in the public and private sectors.
To be eligible for Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program CFSP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: French
Eligible Countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Djibouti, Mauritania, Comoros, & Other Countries are from Africa.
- Candidates identified and selected may apply for university studies leading to a master’s and doctoral degree, for technical and vocational training, or for short-term internships.
- Institutions targeted by recipient countries conduct internal recruitment campaigns to identify qualified candidates who show the greatest aptitude for helping strengthen their institution’s capacities when they return to their country.
- Clinical training in pharmacy, medicine, and dentistry is excluded.
- Candidates are selected by using a quota system for each recipient country. The quota approach allows recipient countries to define their own priorities for training, as well as the level of training required for the development of their institutions.
How to Apply
Apply in through the given steps below.
You need to prepare the following documents:
- Curriculum vita up to date;
- Institutional/ Individual Needs Questionnaires (sent only to eligible applicants);
- Cover letter;
- Document concerning objectives and goals
- certified copy of diplomas and transcripts;
- Referral forms;
- certified copy of the passport and the birth certificate.
You need to DEPOSIT the APPLICATIONS to the places that the scholarship is dealing with in the country.
You can know all about places to deposit the application and the deadlines from here